This Creamy Cucumber Salad is a pretty popular iteration of the humble cucumber. I mean, what is there to do with cucumbers besides some kind of salad or carving them out for appetizers? It’s not like you can cook with them, right? Although once, at a restaurant I used to work at that shall remain nameless, they offered a turkey and cucumber pizza. Let’s just say I did not test it out. The only thing difficult about making this salad is slicing the cucumbers and onions thin enough to make a nice texture.
Continue reading “Creamy Cucumber Salad” →
Just a quick giveaway post today (You’re SO disappointed, right?!) and it has to do with more COFFEE! Yes, I love coffee, in every form, at any time, for any reason. I start my day with a giant Bulletproof coffee and I love making it with the best coffees I can find. So imagine my delight when I received an email from Puro Fairtrade Coffee from the UK! Here is some information regarding the brand:
Continue reading “Puro Coffee” →
If you follow my many social media accounts, you might know how much I love coffee and caffeinated food items… So it was with great pleasure that I joined the Lavazza Passionista network for the next few months. I will be talking about and using the Lavazza brand of coffee (Italy’s #1 drip coffee) in some recipes, like this one, or just talking about coffee and how much it makes my world go round. Usually, I’m all over the French press, but this coffee came pre-ground (and very finely) so I was forced to haul out my drip machine. I then promptly broke the carafe, so we’ll see what goes on there. Today, being the first day without the carafe, I did this…worked like a charm! It’s like a cheapy Cowboy Coffee/Pour Over hybrid!
Continue reading “Kickstarter Pre-Workout Bars” →
In ten days, on February 22, 2014, Victoria will host it’s first ever Gluten Free Health & Wellness Festival at the Victoria Conference Centre in downtown Victoria. I am proud to offer two tickets to giveaway to my readers and a little bit of information for you about gluten, and how it affects us all.
To sum up the Festival:
- The event is all about community, education and a love of food and health.
- Events around Victoria: An intimate dinner at Be Love Restaurant – February 21, 2014 (tickets are $75 and nearly half sold out)
- Dr. William Davis, author of New York Times #1 Bestseller Wheat Belly, will attend the dinner and give a talk on Saturday evening at 7pm
- The Festival (from 12-5pm) will consist of gluten free vendors and markets; yoga, food and fermentation demos; talks from nutritionists and global issues on sustainability
- Tickets can be purchased on the website – glutenfreefestival.ca
- This event is made possible in part by our Platinum Sponsors – Red Barn Markets, Origin Bakery and Pacific Rim College.
Continue reading “Gluten-Free Health & Wellness Festival in Victoria” →