After posting my new cookie recipe the other day, I figured I’d better get to perfecting it, as it’s not quite there yet. So today, while Cohen took his long afternoon nap, I got to baking. I didn’t change much, but the additions I did add have now created the perfect cookie, The Chocolate Nutter! What, you don’t like the name? Too bad, I’m too lazy to come up with something snazzier. That will have to do for now, though I welcome your suggestions on a new name. Please feel free to suggest something.
The Chocolate Nutter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup natural peanut butter, chunky
3/4 cup packed yellow or brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup Peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and salt. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder and soda into wet ingredients, mix well. Stir in almond meal.
3. Add PB chips and stir to combine.
4. Roll dough into 1 1/2″ balls, then flatten before placing 1″ apart on baking paper lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely before enjoying!